By Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen
This all-encompassing encyclopedia offers a wide point of view on U.S. politics, tradition, and society, but in addition is going past the evidence to think about the myths, beliefs, and values that support form and outline the nation.
• bargains nearly 225 entries masking U.S. politics, tradition, society, and beliefs
• contains an introductory assessment of the forces that experience formed and proceed to form American political tradition and a concluding essay that gathers key thematic threads and appears towards the future
• Covers the myriad ways that American political tradition impacts different facets of yankee society
• Examines how cultural symbols and ideology are manipulated to improve political pursuits and identify executive authority
• Connects new concerns equivalent to social media and sexual politics with the political culture
Read or Download American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 PDF
Similar practical politics books
Mayne offers an built-in research of up to date and destiny politics and executive. He first examines significant difficulties and concerns happening all over the world, surveys assorted regimes, and assesses the wide range of energetic and rising political routine. Mayne then explores political paradigms and ideologies via a prime political spectrum to varied choices.
List numbers of american citizens worry that our political procedure is broken—for strong cause. Our country faces extraordinary demanding situations, but our flesh pressers spend such a lot in their power attacking each other. all of the whereas, nobody in public existence has provided a realistic technique to neutralize the sour partisanship that paralyzes Washington.
The fractious courting among the us and Saudi Arabia has lengthy been a vital main issue in Washington. within the aftermath of September 11 and among ongoing wars, the USA confronts an acute drawback: the right way to cooperate with Riyadh opposed to terrorism while confronting acute anti-Americanism?
From the Arab Spring to the Spanish Indignados, from Occupy Wall road in long island to Nuit Debout in Paris, modern protest bears the mark of citizenism, a libertarian and participatory model of populism which appeals to dull voters outraged on the conceitedness of political and fiscal elites within the wake of the nice Recession.
- Politicians, Partisans, and Parasites: My Adventures in Cable News
- Democracy and the Korean Economy: Dynamic Relations (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
- State Violence and Punishment in India (Royal Asiatic Society Books)
- The Politics of Turkish Democracy: Ismet Inonu and the Formation of the Multi-Party System, 1938-1950 (Suny Series in the Social and Economic History of the Middle East)
- Policy Agendas in British Politics (Comparative Studies of Political Agendas)
Additional info for American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3
American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 by Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen